Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Front Entry Makeover

Our front entry has had many different looks since we moved into this house 13 years ago.  Its latest design has brought much more light into a space that was once very dark and dismal.  We have painted the walls bright white, replaced the old 1970s metal bifold doors, changed the baseboards and trim and also replaced the front door with one that has a large window.  All of these small details have made such a huge impact!



This is what the entry way looked like when we first toured through the house in 2003.  Eeeek!  The wallpaper and flooring were quickly replaced.


I don't have a lot of pictures of the space immediately after the first big change, but for many years, this is what it looked like.  I LOVED this paint colour...Benjamin Moore Chelsea Gray.  But it did make the space still very dark.  We replaced the front door a few years ago, which definitely brightened the area.




Over the past few years, my personal decorating style has really changed.  I am drawn to more minimalist, bright spaces which are now reflected in our home.  I also love reusing old furniture pieces as you can see in this photo.....we cut the legs off the old IKEA sofa table (circa 1996 which was sanded and repainted).



I feel like I need to add something to this wall, but haven't quite decided what yet...





I also love these satin nickel knobs...they are really clean and simple.




We are so happy with how everything turned out.  On to the next space!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment